ASEC’s Department of Emergency & Critical Care is equipped to handle any small animal emergency, including vehicular trauma (hit by car), bite wound injuries, respiratory impairment, cardiac disease, gastrointestinal emergencies, endocrine disorders, and ophthalmologic conditions. Our intensive care unit provides the maximum level of care and technology for critically ill dogs, cats, birds and other small mammals. While our doctors are not exotic specialists, we welcome your avian and exotic pets for emergency stabilization until they can be safely transferred to an exotics veterinarian.
At any time, day or night, referring veterinary hospitals may transfer pets to our I.C.U. for overnight care or ongoing continuous care, to be transferred back to the referring veterinarian once the patient is stable. We also offer first-class post-operative care to ensure your pet the best possible surgical recovery.
- Fully staffed state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit (I.C.U.)
- Multiple doctors present 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays
- In-house blood work available in less than one hour:
- Indirect and direct blood pressure monitoring
- Continuous ECG telemetry
- Aggressive analgesia (continuous rate infusions, local-regional anesthesia techniques)
- Oxygen therapy
- Blood product transfusion capability
- Mechanical ventilator
- Pediatric incubators
- Avian, exotic & small mammal equipment
Blood chemistry analysis
Blood gas analysis